How to Keep the Screen on When Your Laptop Lid Is Closed?
Windows provides a simple toggle to let you keep your laptop screen on, even when it’s closed. Find it through the following steps:
- In the System Tray (at the bottom-right corner of the screen), find the Battery icon. You may have to click the small arrow to show all icons. Right-click Battery and choose Power Options.
- Alternatively, to open this menu on Windows 10, you can head to Settings > System > Power & sleep and select Additional power settings from the right menu. Drag the Settings window to make it wider if you don’t see this link.
- On the left of the resulting Power Options Control Panel entry, select Choose what closing the lid does.
- You’ll see options for the power and sleep buttons. Under When I close the lid, change the dropdown box for Plugged in to Do nothing.
- If you like, you can also change the same setting for On battery.
- Click Save Changes.