for a job, I have to propose a flow (a classic UML diagram) describing the process of SSO authentication using a JWT token (so I have to realize a JWT-based SSO).
I’m not an expert on this and I have just the following info:
- an oauth2 endpoint is ready and working, and it’s a URL like https://example.com/aouth2/token
- I have a page with a simple form where a user can enter username and password
- In the server is hosted a .pem file containing the public key for signing the JWT token (there is also a private key)
- When the user logins, the client receives a JSON response with the access and refresh tokens, expiration, and so on
- The user now can access a specific URL pointing to the company’s web app he has to use
Does someone have a certain experience in this? How can a typical flow be, which describes the functioning of a JWT-based SSO with just the info above?
This question is not yet answered, be the first one who answer using the comment. Later the confirmed answer will be published as the solution.